About Ward 3:
With a population of more than 97,000, Ward 3 covers the greater Lake Charles area—south of Moss Bluff starting at the river and spanning to the Calcasieu/Cameron Parish line, bordered on the east by Highway 397/Ward Line Road and on the west by the lakes and river.
This Ward 3 City Marshal position is currently held by Joey Alcede, who announced his retirement from the post after serving 14 years, effective December 18, 2018.
A map of Ward 3 is below to help you determine if you are eligible to vote in this race. Please take a look to see if you and/or your friends and family reside in the tan colored area below, which is Ward 3.
Click on the Image below to download Ward 3 Map
What does the City Marshal Do?
- Provides security for the court
- Serves orders issued by the court—such as garnishments, repositions and evictions
- Issues arrest warrants issued by the court
- Enforces all city, parish and state laws
- Assists all law enforcement agencies when called upon
In addition to carrying out these duties, if elected, Vic plans to cap the Marshal’s salary, improve deputy training and enhance services provided to the community. Learn more about Vic's plans if elected in the videos below: